Lake Nakuru Kenya Safaris
ASSLSK501: 5 Days Masai Mara | Lake Nakuru | Aberdares Safari
Departs daily at 7.30am.
Day 1. Nairobi - Masai Mara Game Reserve
Distance: 285 km (5 hrs). Pick up from your hotel at 7.30am. Drive to the Masai Mara, arriving at your lodge in time for lunch. Afternoon game viewing drive in this well-known game reserve situated in the North of the Serengeti Plains and famous for its abundance of wildlife. Dinner and overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge, L,D.
Day 2. Maasai Mara Game Reserve
Full day of game viewing drives in Maasai Mara plains, where the soft red hues of the sun will give your photographs the clarity of the actual African savannah. The Great Migration is one of the most impressive natural events worldwide, involving an immensity of herbivores: some 1,300,000 Wildebeest, 360,000 Thomson's Gazelle, and 191,000 Zebra. These numerous migrants are followed along their annual, circular route by a block of hungry predators, most notably lions and hyena. All meals and overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge, B, L,D.
- Visit to a local Maasai village for a Maasai cultural tour: US$ 25 per person
- Hot air balloon ride: US$ 425 per person
Day 3. Masai Mara - Nakuru National Park
Distance: 310 km (5 hrs). Soon after breakfast at the lodge, drive to Lake Nakuru National Park for lunch. In the afternoon explore Lake Nakuru National Park for late afternoon and evening game viewing drive that includes flamingos as well as the rare white rhino in this world famous ornithological paradise with over 450 species of birdlife. Dinner and overnight at Flamingo Hill Camp, B,L,D.
- Flamingo (Greater and Lesser) and other water birds including a variety of terrestrial birds numbering about 450 species in total.
- Mammals: 56 different species including white rhinos.
- View-points: Lion hill, Baboon cliff and Out of Africa
- Hills: Enasoit, Honeymoon, Lion hill ridge etc.
- Waterfalls: Makalia
- Unique vegetation: About 550 different plant species including the unique and biggest euphorbia forest in Africa, Picturesque landscape and yellow acacia woodlands.
Day 4. Nakuru - Aberdare National Park
Distance: 190 km (3 hrs.). Breakfast at the lodge. Continue via the Nyahururu Falls, formerly Thomson Falls to Nyeri at the Outspan Hotel. Lunch at the hotel. Afternoon transfer into Aberdare National Park to The Treetops Lodge for birdwatching and overnight floodlit game viewing from the lodge viewing balconies as the animals come to feed at the nearby watering hole. Dinner and overnight at The Treetops Lodge, B,L,D.
Day 5. Aberdare - Nairobi
Distance: 180 km (3 hrs). After breakfast return to the Outspand Hotel and transfer to Nairobi, where the tour ends at 1pm, B
At Treetops Lodge, only a small overnight bag is permitted, storage facilities are available at the "base hotel". Children below 7 are not admitted. The above trip may operate on the reverse direction at no extra cost.
Tour price: US$ 1175 per person sharing. Single room supplement: US$ 311
Safari price includes:
- Guarantee price; Guarantee departure
- Ground transport in a safari van with pop up roof for game viewing, photography and touring
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari
- Meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodation in double/twin/triple room sharing
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide
- Bird watching and overnight floodlit game viewing in Aberdare National Park
- Game drives as detailed in the itinerary
- Start and end in Nairobi
Tour price excludes:
- New Year and festive season supplement fee
- International flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional activities and any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary