Mount Meru Climbing Tour Africa Safaris
TANZANIA SAFARIS - Mount Meru Climbing Safaris
Mount Meru is located in Tanzania and is the fifth highest mountain in Africa. It is a great mountain to climb and offers spectacular scenery, including views of Mount Kilimanjaro. The mountain is unspoilt and less congested as compared to it's Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Kenya counterparts.
Mount Meru Climbing
Duration: 4 Days/3 nights
Location: Mount Meru, Arusha, Tanzania
Day 1: Arusha/Mariakamba Hut
Mt.Meru Park Gate - Mariakamba: 4-5 hours
Drive from Arusha to the Mt. Meru park gate where you will be met by our game ranger and porters. Hike for the few hours to Mariakamba Hut at 8,500 ft. From here you may wish to take an evening walk on the slopes to view wildlife at one of the watering holes in the crater. Dinner and overnight rest at Mariakamba Hut, L,D
Day 2: Mariakamba Hut - Saddle Hut
Mariakamba - Saddle Hut: 3-4 hours
After breakfast hike to upto 11,500 ft to arrive at Saddle Hut. If time permits you can climb a little further on Mount Meru for a scenic view of the 'Roof of Africa', Mount Kilimanjaro. This will also be part of more acclimatization. Overnight at Saddle Hut, B,L,D
Day 3: Saddle Hut - Summit - Mariakamba Hut
Saddle Hut - Summit: 4-6 hours
An early rise to hike all the way to the summit before the afternoon clouds cover the summit. From the summit, descend back to the 11,500 ft Saddle Hut in time for lunch. After lunch, hike down to Mariakamba Hut for dinner and overnight, B,L,D.
Day 4: Mariakamba Hut - Arusha
Breakfast at the camp and a leisurely morning. Descend to the park gate to connect with your waiting transfer vehicle back to your Arusha Hotel, continue with other programs or depart, B.
Trip Price: US$ 685 per person sharing
Included in the tour price:
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
- Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast,L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide and skilled cook
- Start and finish in Arusha.
- Treated water on the trek.
- Laundry, tips, sleeping bags, beverages/drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
- International flights
- Items of personal nature
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
Climbing gear required:
- Walking/hiking stick though not a must
- Camera and enough film rolls.
- Personal items to include toiletries
- Comfortable hiking shoes/boats
- Warm clothes
- Rain suit or poncho
- Thermal sleeping bag