Samburu Lodge Kenya Safari
ASSLSK703: 7 Days Masai Mara | Lake Nakuru | Samburu Lodge Safari
Departs daily at 07.30am.
Day 1. Nairobi - Masai Mara
Distance: 275 km. (5 hrs.). Pick up from your hotel at 7.30am. Drive to Masai Mara. Lunch at your chosen lodge. Afternoon game viewing drive in this well known game reserve situated in the North of the Serengeti Plains and famous for its abundance of wildlife. Dinner & overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge, L,D.
Day 2 & 3. Masai Mara
Sunrise and sundown are the greatest moments for game viewing in these mystic plains, a time where the soft red hues of the sun will give your photographs the clarity of the actual African savannah. Full day of game drives with meals & overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge, B,L,D.
- Visit to a local Maasai village for a Maasai cultural tour: US$ 25 per person
- Hot air balloon ride: US$ 425 per person
Day 4. Masai Mara - Nakuru
Distance: 310 km (5 hrs.) After breakfast, depart to Lake Nakuru National Park for lunch and leisure relaxation. Take an afternoon game drive a truly remarkable journey that includes Flamingoes as well as the rare white rhino in this world famous ornithological paradise with over 450 species of birdlife. Dinner & overnight at Flamingo Hill Camp, B,L,D.
Day 5. Aberdare - Samburu National Reserve
Distance: 390 km (6 hrs.) Breakfast and departure to Samburu National Reserve via Nyahururu Falls and the Equator arriving in time for Lunch at your lodge. Afternoon game drive in the national reserve. The highlights of Samburu game reserve is the spectacular scenic beauty, rivers and forests. It is an area where the local people have a rich and colorful heritage. The reserves have numerous permanent springs and a wealth of wildlife which includes leopard, hippo, elephant, lion, reticulated giraffe, grevy zebra and crocodile in the Ewaso Nyiro River. Over 365 species of birds have been identified in the sanctuaries. Dinner & overnight at Samburu Sopa Lodge, B,L,D.
Day 6. Samburu National Reserve
Early rise for a game viewing drive in the adjacent Samburu National Reserve with its striking background view of the Mathew's Range. The gently flowing Uaso Nyiro river which traverses this Park provides evergreen vegetation for the rare gerenuk, Grevy zebra and reticulated giraffe found in this park. Afternoon game drive in the reserve. All meals and overnight at Samburu Sopa Lodge, B,L,D.
Day 7. Samburu National Reserve - Nairobi
Distance: 360 km (5 hrs. 30 min) After breakfast drive back to Nairobi to arrive at approximately 2pm, B
- The tour also operates from the reverse direction without any additional costs.
- Tour price: US$ 1860 per person sharing. Single room supplement: US$ 350
- *Optional flight to Masai Mara: US$ 150 per person one way
Tour cost includes:
- Guarantee price; Guarantee departure
- Ground transport in a safari van with pop up roof for game viewing, photography and touring
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari
- Meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodation in double/twin/triple room sharing
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide
- Bird watching and overnight floodlit game viewing in Aberdare National Park
- Game drives as detailed in the itinerary
- Start and end in Nairobi
Safari price excludes:
- New Year and festive season supplement fee
- International flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional activities and any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary